Monday, February 2, 2009

Sunday, February 1

The gauze they pack in Sou's wound     ---->

This morning I was half asleep during Sou's 7am dressing change. I went right back to sleep afterwards. I was so knocked out I sleep through the doctors' daily visit. Sou told me they said he would be able to leave the hospital next week. These things keep changing so I don't count on it. I woke up at around 10:30am and ordered some food. Sou didn't have too much of an appetite but I ordered him some fruit. I had their beef tenderloin with jasmine rice. It usually tastes good, but they forgot to give the salt and pepper packets. Sometime after lunch, Dad called. I gave him a quick update on how Sou was doing. Right after, a physical therapist came by to work with Sou. She made Sou do some leg exercises while standing up. Then, the three of us went for a walk in the hallways. Sou did a total of 4 laps around the floor. It was the most he walked since being in the hospital. When we came back to his room, we waited for the Super Bowl to start. I got some snacks and soda for Sou from the vending machine downstairs. After he ate his potato chips with coke, he fell asleep. I finished up a chapter in one of the textbooks and tried to read more in my anatomy & physiology book. I wasn't in the mood. 

After 5pm, the nurse started Sou's series of fentanyl doses. Sou went to take a shower while I straightened up the room.  When he was finished, the nurse did his dressing change. She explained to me the importance of keeping things sterile and not doing this and that. They mentioned that if they could get Sou's pain under control with a less strong medication, he could be released from the hospital. That means I would be doing his dressing changes. I'll do it. Pshh. It's not as deep as before so I have no problem.

After the Super Bowl was done, we watched The Office. It was this episode of dwight starting a fire and no one in the office knew what to do. Everyone freaked out and Stanley had a heart attack. Because of that, Michael Scott decided to have a CPR training course. Michael was not doing chest compressions at the required rate of 100 beats per minute so, the instructor told him to do it to the beat of "Staying Alive" by the Bee Gees. Everyone began to sing and dance (even Michael). The instructor broke up the dance and said that because Michael neglected the dummy and decided to dance,  the victim died. She asked him, "What do you do next?" Dwight said to check his wallet to see if he was an organ donor. Dwight assumed the dummy was and took out a knife to harvest the organs from the CPR dummy. Then it went to a commercial. After The Office, we watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button on the laptop. It seemed like a long movie. I was surprised because Sou didn't fall asleep like he normally does. We called it a night after the movie. 

4 comments:

  1. hey that's great. Just let us know when is Sou's official day being discharge at the hospital. We gotta see you both before you leave Washington. And gosh, that's a lot of gauze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're saying that he could leave the hospital either Thursday or Friday. And they said we probably need to stay for one more week after that, so we'll have plenty of time. L&L!!!!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMM lol..Sou says thanks for all the movies=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so wait, he can be discharged later this week, but you guys will still probably need to stay in Washington for a week after his discharged? I assuming you both will be staying at your mom's place? Seems like two more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea close to two more weeks=(..I miss alaska lol..yes i said it..well, more like, i miss my regular life..but hopefully they release him thursday or friday..cross your fingers!!!!

    ReplyDelete