Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Monday, January 19

Once again, Sou woke me up in the morning so I could order his breakfast. My mom called me shortly after and asked if Kaliya could hang out with me in the hospital for the day. Because it was a holiday, Kaliya didn't have school. I took the elevator downstairs to get Kaliya. We both didn't have breakfast yet so we headed to the Plaza Cafe. Because it was a holiday, the cafe was pretty empty. I had some of their scrambled eggs and bacon. The eggs were similar to the fluffy eggs you get from McDonald's. It was alright if you add salt and pepper. Kaliya grabbed a japanese rice ball and a banana. Afterwards, we went upstairs and sat in the lounge so Kaliya could work on homework. When she got board she brought out a load of those "Goosebumps" books from her backpack. I remember when I used to read those. She had a few I had read back in the day. We ran into Sou in the hallway because he was doing his laps around the floor. Before long, it was lunchtime.

We had to choose between thai chicken curry, vegetarian lasagne, or pot roast with mashed potatoes. Otherwise, they had some sandwiches, sushi, and salad in the cooler. I wasn't sure how long those were sitting there though. Kaliya ended up with a large plate full of pot roast with rice and gravy. She ate it all. I had the curry which was pretty good. Before heading back to Sou's room, I decided to show her the gift shop. They had all kinds of candy and magazines, lots of stuff animals too. Kaliya kept saying, "We should get Sou a card!!!" So we looked through their greeting cards. I mentioned to Kaliya that Sou likes cats. We found this cute card that had a cat lying in a hospital bed with its leg in a cast up in a sling. She also found a tiny leopard that roared when you squeeze it. We signed it on the way up to the room. When we returned, Sou was lying in his bed watching t.v. again. Kaliya walked into the room and handed Sou his card and leopard. 

"Awww," he said. He skimmed through the card.

"Squeeze it," I pointed to the leopard. He flinched as it roared. Kaliya sat on a chair and began to take off her boots. WHEW! Her foot stunk soo bad. She was in a phase where she preferred not to wear socks. OMG. YUCK. NASTY. I was like, "KALIYA! Put your shoes back on!!" 

"Okay Jheri," she replied. Sou's fan was on so it circulated the stench around the room in two seconds. I saw Sou make a disgusted face. Kaliya got on my lap top later on to watcher her "Inuyasha" dvds while I took a nap. There was nothing else to do and it would pass the time. 

When I woke up, Kaliya was still watching her dvds and Sou was watching some cartoon. Mom was supposed to pick up Kaliya and I on her way home from work in about half an hour. I picked up the phone and ordered Sou's dinner. Then me and Kaliya got our things packed and headed downstairs to wait for mom. Once we got in the car, Kaliya fell asleep. 

"MOM, Kaliya needs new shoes! Can we go get her shoes, like right now?" I asked.

"Sure, where do you wanna go?"

"Anywhere."

"Kay, i'll take you to Fred Meyer," she said. We went to a Fred Meyer in Lynnwood. Since we were there, we bought groceries too. Kaliya's shoe size was already a 6 1/2. My mom started freaking out. I remember in one of my textbooks that it says a kids growth spurt starts with their hands and feet, then moves on to their long bones. So I just told her to prepare for her height to shoot up. Kaliya was almost as tall as me. I know she'll be taller. 

It was around 8 o'clock when we got home. Kaliya began asking for an ice pack. She had a headache so I offered her a Motrin. 

"Uh...Jheri i'm scared. I don't know how to swallow that," she told me. 

"It's small Kaliya. Just like candy. Put it in your mouth and start drinking water."

"I can't," she said. Then my mom heard us and she took over the situation. 

"Dammit Kaliya, you're 9 years old!" she yelled. "Now swallow it!" My mom tried hiding the pill in a spoonful of yogurt. But that didn't help. In the end, Kaliya ended up chewing the Motrin. While I fixed dinner, Kaliya took a nap. I cooked some pork with garlic and onions, simmered in some cream of mushroom. By the time she woke up, she was feeling better. Kaliya ended up downing this huge plate. I thought it was crazy how she could eat a much larger portion than I can. Then she started asking for seconds. She got denied. After a few minutes, Kaliya was back in bed fast asleep. My mom, John, and I were in the livingroom talking about their cat. I was telling them about how my cat loves to get dressed up. I saw a plastic bag and tied it around Ella's neck like a cape. She gave me no resistance. My mom and John were amused at how she just walked around like normal, but with a cape. John picked up Ella's toy and threw it down the hall. When this happened, Ella went after it. The sounds of the cape flapping freaked her out as it something was chasing her. Down the hall she went. She ran soooo fast, she went right into the wall. She disappeared under the bed and came back into the living room even faster. I couldn't see any cat, I just saw a flying plastic bag. I've never seen any cat run that fast. It freaked me out so much, I ended up jumping on the couch. It was hard to tell which direction she was headed to next. After we had time to reflect on what happened and got all our laughter out, we went to bed. 

2 comments:

  1. You should have taken a picture of Ella (Cat's name?) with the cape on it. I know Koda doesn't like plastic bags attached to him, he go insane! Now let's share a story:

    One time, his neck got stuck in the ring of the plastic, he started to run away and freaked out because the plastic was running after him like a parachute. He jumped on the table and tried to do like a somersault off the window to get the plastic off. So I tried to grabbed him but he kept hissing and growling at me like I was doing that to him and peed all over the table. It was insane.

    ReplyDelete