Sunday, January 18, 2009

Saturday, January 17

This morning Sou's blood pressure was still low, in the high 80's over high 40's. They're still giving him all sorts of stuff through IV varying from blood to potassium with normal saline. On Sunday he weighed about 213lbs. When he was admitted to UWMC they weighed him and the scale said 205. Now, three days later, he weighs 225lbs. If I jumped up 20lbs in three days, I'd flip out. Once again, Sou chowed down on breakfast  (corn flakes, fruit, sausage and french toast). He's turning in to a breakfast person. I left to go to my mom's place to take a shower before lunch. While I was gone, Sou forgot to order his lunch and had to sit it out. Actually, I don't think there's certain time frames to ordering food here. As long as the order's placed between the kitchen's hours of operation. I should probably tell him that. 

While I was gone, my mom dropped me off at a mall near her place then went to drop off Kaliya at a birthday party. While she was gone I managed to find an Aeropostale, Forever 21, Bath & Body Works and a Victoria's Secret. I also stopped at a toy store that had everything 50% off. I got Sou a couple of those things where you have to figure out how to remove the chain or the rope from the wierd looking metal piece. Hopefully that can help him pass the time while in the hospital. I headed off to the food court because I didn't have anything to eat all day. I ordered my food from Panda because it reminded me of Hawaii. It was probably the best food i've ate since coming down here. By the time I was done eating I got bored. It was wierd not having Sou at the mall with me. We usually do things as a pair. I called my mom and she was already on her way to come get me. Perfect timing.

My mom brought me back to the hospital about 5 hours later. His fever was getting really high again (close to 104F). I told him to request for Tylenol and some ice packs. With Tylenol, his fevers have been going down to the low 100's, sometimes in the 99 range. As long as he's not in the 103's he seems to feel fine. Before I took an afternoon nap, a nurse came in to draw his blood once again. She took a couple syringes worth for blood cultures. Before she left the room, Sou asked her for a face mask to use while he goes to the bathroom. Apparently, since the chemotherapy started, he claims that his urine reeks. He says it's so bad that it makes him cough. The nurse says it could be the urine smelling really bad or just Sou having a heightened sense of smell from the treatment. I wasn't going to investigate further. 

I woke up at around 8p.m. to find out that I completely missed dinner hours. The Plaza Cafe was already closed. I decided to walk through the maze of hallways to the vending machines. On my way there, I only saw one other person. It was like a scene from one of those hospital horror movies. I saw some lights flickering like they were about to go out and it was quiet like non other. When I got to the vending machines, most of the stuff were sold out. The machine with the frozen burritos and t.v. dinners was "Out of Order". My only option was a ham and cheese sandwich. Before I headed back to Sou's room I spotted a package of chocolate wafer bars. YUM. Haven't seen those in forever. When I got back to the room, I opened up the sandwich. I wasn't that great. Tasted kinda gross actually. I ate half of it because there was nothing else. 

After a few episodes of LOST Season 3, the nurse took Sou's temperature again. He was at the 104 point again. She brought him more Tylenol and several ice packs to help cool him down. His blood pressure returned to normal, finally. We fell asleep later on after watching No Reservations, the movie with Catherine Zeta Jones and more LOST. This hospital has a bajillion channels and a lot of good movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment